Cozy New Year


Happy New Year, my friends! Have been wanting to share some warm and fuzzy images for a while, but these times call for more serious topics. However, I think I'll probably bum you out sufficiently throughout the year. And, I'm feeling a tiny bit celebratory about executive actions President Obama has taken, such as permanently designating certain public land as national monuments. Check out "What President Obama's executive actions mean for President Trump" in the Washington Post.






So, one day, we brought in some bags of take-out laundry. As I was placing folded t-shirts into a drawer, Ronald called my name as if the building had caught on fire. I ran out into the front room, and there was Fuchu burrowed into the lovely, warm clothes. Please be advised that we gently try to steer him from engaging in such behavior.


In my house, we spend a lot of time deconstructing the actions of dictators like Nicolás Maduro and Raúl Castro, plus other authoritarian scoundrels, like the one coming into office the the USA. Just right now, before all that fascism starts to happen to us, let's also celebrate a moment of peace, like my kitty's.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Decide

December, 2008